Wind EnergyAs a part of our Management and Project Consultancy services, specially for Wind Energy Projects, we render complete services covering Strategy Formulation, Techno-Economic Feasibility and Project Management from Concept to Commissioning.
1. Strategy Formulation, Technology Assessment, Know-How Tie-up and Advisory for New ProjectsWe can assist you by way of (a) strategizing wind energy business; (b) identifying and evaluating technology for manufacturing plants for Wind Turbine Generators; (c) development of Wind Farms using innovative technologies; and (d) overall integrated consultancy support for conceptualizing, establishing and streamlining new wind energy projects.
2. Techno-Commercial, Project Engineering, Performance Monitoring ServicesThis covers all aspects of the project, in particular, the following :
- Pre-feasibility study report with technical and financial viability and recommendations on installed capacity and level of investment, locations, makes of WTGs and associated electricals, power evacuation facilities, financing scheme, and other related matters;
- Evaluation of tenders/offers and selection of Wind Turbine Generators, negotiations with suppliers and finalisation of contracts including technical, commercial and performance parameters;
- Designs and specifications of associated electricals and civil works, to achieve maximum net electricity generation with minimum transmission losses up to the grid interface;
- Inviting, evaluating and finalising tenders/offers for associated Civil and Electrical Works, Power evacuation facilities including HT metering and control yards, 11-kV/ 66-kV transmission lines, electrical substation etc.;
- Site selection, soil investigations, micro-siting, site supervision, inspection, approval and measurement of WTG supplier’s and contractor’s works, and complete supervision up to the commissioning;
- Performance monitoring during guarantee period, assistance for operations and maintenance and other post project services;
- Liaison with State Nodal Agencies and other authorities for land allocation, grid interface, and other infrastructural facilities; and,
- Estimation of PLF of Wind Turbine Generators/ WindParks for CDM (Carbon Credit) under UNFCCC Guidelines.
3. Financing ArrangementsWe can also assist you tying up financial arrangement and give complete range of services, including global/ domestic competitive tendering, Detailed Project Report (DPR), preparation of applications and other formalities for term loans from IREDA or other financial institutions.
4. Partial List of Projects Handled
- The Arvind Mills Ltd. - Implemented 6.2 MW-Wind Farm with investment of 25-crores for The Arvind Mills Ltd., at Navadra on Saurashtra coast. Our range of services covered, right from pre-feasibility study to commissioning, guidance for operations and maintenance, performance monitoring and general counselling on continuing basis. Assisted in loss assessment and refurbishing of the cyclone-damaged wind farm.
- Bayer ABS Ltd. - Management Retainership and general counselling for their multi-locational 8.4 MW wind farm investment of Rs.40-crores in Saurashtra.
- Pearl Securities Ltd. - Consultants for their Wind Farm project of 10 MW capacity to start with. Main brief of our consultancy assignment was comparative evaluation of wind energy technologies and sourcing.
- Garden Silk Mills Ltd. - Techno-Economic Viability of 5 MW Wind Farm Project, proposed at Navadra, Dist. Jamnagar in Gujarat.
- Sintex Industries Ltd. - Project supervision work for their expansion of wind farm for 1.28 MW capacity. Assisted in loss assessment and refurbishing of the cyclone-damaged wind farms.
- Vadilal Industries Ltd. - Assessment of performance of wind turbine generators and wind-farms, M.I.S. for wind farms and loss assessment and refurbishing of the cyclone-damaged wind farms
- Macro Polymers Private Ltd. - Assessment of viability of captive wind power project, land identification, WTG selection, contract finalization and monitoring of the project.
- Other Clients’ Assignments on Wind Energy
5. Wind-farm Project Studies for Other StatesWe have extensively travelled and assessed all potential wind farm sites throughout the country. In particular, assessed wind potential of sites in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. We also carried out detailed feasibility studies for wind farms in these states.
6. Papers, Presentations and Advisory on Wind Farm ProjectsWe have been invited for addressing high level national and international forums on the subject of wind energy and wind farms. Some of them are listed below:
- World Wind Energy Council (Head Quarters at Germany) for presentation at Fifth World Wind Energy Conference Nov. 2006 at New Delhi for presentation on Comparative Evaluation of Conventional and Wind Electricity.
- ‘Synergy with Energy’ National Conference on Energy Efficiency with Special Reference to Current Economic Scenario. Presentation on ‘Wind and Conventional Electricity: Comparative Economics of Captive Power Plants and Thermal Power Stations’ June 17-18 2009. (Link to thefull text of the paper and slide-show presentation)
- ‘Synergy with Energy’ National Conference on Integrated Electrical Development inIndia – The Way Forward, Feb. 2007
- World Institute of Sustainable Energy under aegis of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting at Programme on Renewable Energy for Media Persons Feb. 2007
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Kolkata/ Ahmedabad, Annual Conference at Ahmedabad Nov. 2006.
- Indian Wind Energy Association,New Delhi/ Pune/ Ahmedabad, National Conference in 2005
- Other conferences and seminars on Wind Energy organised by following organisations during previous years (Prior to 2005)
- Institution of Engineers, Kolkata/ Vadodara
- SouthGujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Wind Energy Producers’ Association
- Gujarat Energy Development Agency
7. In SummaryFor wind farm projects, we can assist you for complete range of services, such as:
- Advisory on strategy and development of wind energy business of any kind.
- Technology Sourcing and Setting-up New Projects in Wind Energy Sector
- Techno-Economic Feasibility
- Site Selection
- Tender Preparation, Techno-commercial Evaluation and Award of Contracts
- Techno-Commercial Evaluation and Negotiation of Suppliers’ Offers
- Project Management and Engineering for Wind Farm as well as Substation
- Liaison with State Nodal Agencies for Wind Energy Development
- Financing Assistance from Institutions
- Performance Monitoring
- Guidance for Operations and Maintenance
- Assistance in Loss Assessment and Refurbishing of Damaged Wind Farms
- PLF Determination for Wind Parks and Wind Turbine Generators under UNFCCC Guidelines for CDM